Tuesday, June 1

Skate Park Picnic

We visited a park that we had never been to before, Clay Madsen Skate Park (interesting...probably won't take them again. I had a hard time letting Aliana down, there was so much litter from the skaters). But it would be fun for all the boys to go while watching all the skaters and eating a hotdog (I already have a plan in my head for them...a guys day out).

So here is everyone holding their own lunch sacks with questionable faces!

It was so hot that this was the only shade that I could find; under the playscape. I had to laugh because they had a hard time eating since they were sitting on the mulch; they just didn't understand why they had to eat on the ground (LOL).


Wave Monkey bars-Alex's Fav!

Below he learned to trust me and what I was telling him as well as himself. Scared quickly turned into must do it again ;-)



Tony climbing the rock wall.

Crazy vicious slide. I think it sent Tony air born once and then crushed his hand, but he then had to do it again.

Time for the skate park. We got to watch 2 boys practice - one was about 25 yrs old and the other one was 9 yrs.


These slides were so steep that the boys were sliding down on their bottoms on the cement.

Aliana almost made it to them to try it herself-YA RIGHT LULU, YOU'RE STAYING WITH ME!


They each had so much fun that the litter was over looked :)

Alex enjoyed acting like he was a skater when sliding down the big slides and

Tony figured out that the smaller slides at the top were safe for him, so he would run down one and to the opposing side to run up it half way turn around and then back down to do the whole thing all over. He told me, "Mom I was skating!" while making skating noises.

1 comment:

Noni and Papa Lusk said...

Cool park and I bet the boys would have a great time with dad wathcing more skaters practice. The only potential problem would be that they want to be a skater too : { Very dangerous!! You do the neatest things with the kids...Love it.
Mom L