Sunday, June 20

S'mores Of Course

I surprised Mark with a fire pit the other weekend so Saturday we put it to use to make s'mores. I took some getting used to; the smoke really bothered the kids. So once we found the right spot everyone was happy.

mmmmmm...

Super tasty and fun for everyone!

Alex just wanted the Hershey chocolate, Aliana just wanted the graham crackers or the chocolate and Tony the marshmallows. And I found out that more chocolate isn't better ;)

How messy are you?
Answer: Grab the hose!!

Tony trying just the roasted marshmallow...didn't like it. Original form is better.

So dad had to eat that marshmallow that Tony wouldn't eat and after the fight, daddy ended up wearing it. LOL~he's so funny!

Graham crackers gone but that didn't stop him...determination in his eyes.
He was done after this one ;-)
Look at the chocolate on the skewers; that's how it was on the plate (melted). It was so hot out that everything was melting before we could use it. It was 95 degrees while we did this at 7:00 pm....rack it up to wonderful memories!

Fixing those patio shades that he just installed.
Look hard, can you find Aliana?

Check this out. I have never put up a tent and I did this while Mark put up those shades while it was blistering hot (did I mention that, at this point of the day it was 100 degrees). Wow, I don't sweat and I had some running in my eyes. I couldn't keep the kids hydrated fast enough and do a project at the same time (that's crazy). Anyway, the boys are running around the tent with so much excitement for our next memory...camping and probably burning off some sugar.

Tony's trying to catch the ladybug wind-twirler while it was on the fan. That was funny!

Now, they are trying to scare the bugs that landed on the bamboo shades. This has become a thing to do....be monsters and intimidate each other. Oh it gets so tiring.

Aliana was literally pushing the 2-seater jeep across the patio with Tony in it. She is really strong. Look at her body position.
Oh my, Oh my!
We had a great weekend and started some really cool memories.
I love this!!

3 comments:

Noni and Papa Lusk said...

OMG!! What an agenda and you accomplished it all. It's funny to see how energetic and smiling everyone is at the beginning of the pics. I can't imagine sleeping out in that humidty, let alone the heat ALL night. Iknow I would have retired into the living room with the tent! I absolutely adore s'mores. The blacker the marshmellow the better....ohhh, my mouth is watering as I think about them.
Love,
Noni

Robert T said...

What fun memories you are making! I remember camping out in the Sun room when we were little (that was so uncomfortable and I was always worried about UFO's since the room was all windows haha).

Susano said...

I LOVE these pics! It reminds me of growing up and putting the tent in the backyard, then side of house, then front yard so we wouldn't "kill" the grass! I love the tie dye them also! Very cute!