Alex and Tony took a break from bible memorization's and starting learning a poem about a tree where I made it a little bit more fun than just reciting something.
They were to write each week a different line of the poem (memorizing it) all they way to the end. I think it took about a month. At the end they were able to construct their own tree poem.
Alex's tree grew since he's writing in cursive. Tony is dieing to do the samething. I think we should get manuscript down first though ;-)
"A Tree"
I think I shall never see a poem lovely as a tree...
A tree whose hungry mouth is pressed (the tree's roots)
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast; (earth's land)
A tree that looks at God all day (standing up straight)
And lifts her leafy arms to pray; (branches touching the sky in a praise sort of manner)
A tree that may in Summer wear (only in this season)
A nest of robins in her hair; (leaves)
Upon whose bosom snow has lain; (the whole circumference of the top of the tree)
Who intimately lives with rain. (close proximity, a togetherness)
Poems are made by fools like me, (someone who doesn't know of understand the beauty of a tree)
But only God can make a tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment