Thursday, June 9

Capital of Texas Zoo

We visited this small zoo about 2 years ago and didn't care for it then, but I thought we would try it again since I was able to get coupons here. 
Right away Tony was scared.  As we walked into the main house to pay, they had all sorts of aquariums filled with reptiles, bugs and amphibians.  Tony was charged by a little alligator and screamed.
I knew this would be a trip that I would have to pray on....the story behind that is a little bit ago their tiger had escaped from its cage and attacked a visitor.  Well that visitor just happened to be one of Mark's Rep's from work.  She ended up needing reconstructive surgery and learn how to use her hand again.  I wasn't sure this was the same zoo, until I told Mark where we were going.  So needless to say, God heard from us alot this morning ;-)
Pot belly pigs and 2 babies. 
They were enormous.  I really have no idea how they could manage to conceive a baby or even carry one.  They could barely get up from laying down and I didn't see anyone of them walk.
The babies were really cute.
We ran into so many peacocks that roamed around the zoo.  We could hear them calling out to each other and Aliana would start talking back to them making their same sound (they make the same sound that a child would same when they get hurt....ow ow ow).
Getting rid of their heavy coats.  They're not needed anymore.
Wild boars. 
These were big, fast and mean.  They were too close to us so we left.
Porcupine.
I thought they were like the size of a cat with little quills.  I was wrong.  This animal was about the size of the dog and its quills were longer than a pencil.
White Tiger.
(He's in his cage and I'm happy!)
I'm not sure why some peacocks were caged and others not.  Unless they divided them up by gender.
Alex was chasing one trying to touch its feathers.
These Lemurs were cute. 
There were a couple of momma's carrying their babies on their backs.
Black bear. 
We ended up running away once he stood up to walk around.  The cages just didn't seem safe and secure.
Petting the goats & donkey before we left.

We ended up having a good time.
We almost had the whole zoo to ourselves (that I didn't like)

1 comment:

SSJ Deno said...

I lvoe the last pictures of all your kiddos. They are so awesome. Love you guys!!!