Monday, August 2

Mission-ettes

We would love to do mission work some day, but for now we are doing as much for our church as we can. So this time, they are holding a Project Care Case. This is program for foster children that literally don't have anything due to their family circumstances as well as their biological family. So we were to donate pieces of luggage, personal care items, books, toys, pillows, bible, anything really. But the pastor really focused on the luggage. Last year, 19 pieces were donated and this year we WILL beat that.

So, I wanted the children to really participate in this charity event and to really understand why we give and want to give so much.

They were to pick out the luggage, the toiletries, blankets, coloring utensils, books, clothes, toys, and whatever else we bought and pack it themselves.

Then on Wednesday, they will roll it into the church and donate their suitcase for another child all by themselves.
We are doing a similar thing at Christmas, they are to each pack a shoe box for Operation Christmas Child and donate their box that they put together for another child in another part of the world. I can't tell you how much this is on my heart, to teach giving, donating, and doing for others even at this young of an age. I don't know why, but I'm doing what I feel.
The day had come for us to deliver our care cases to church.
Aliana couldn't carry hers anymore so big brother took care of it for her.
We were trying to find an open door . We all were sweating by the time we found the right spot to take deliever this too.

6 comments:

SSJ Deno said...

That is awesome. Great job.

Unknown said...

That is so FANTASTIC!!! I can't tell you how much that means to those children. Not sure if you remember or not but my Dad grew up in foster care. At a moments notice they would have to pack what little belongings they had and move (another home, the orphanage, ect.) and often they were stuck using trash bags or grocery bags. We have a similar charity we donate to every year. Thank you for being so thoughtful of others :)

The Deno Den said...

Well hello Kim! I didn't realize you looked at our blog. Good to hear from you and thank you for those kind words. I hope that we beat last years record (It seems small, but God works in all of us!)

Noni and Papa Lusk said...

Amanda you are such an awesome Proverbs 31 woman! You are laying a foundation on which your children "will" firmly stand and carry on the work. I am very proud of you and have such peace in my heart knowing you are God's daughter. I love you, Mom L

Robert T said...

What a great idea! You are such a good mom. Teaching your kids the Christian ways at such an early age. Great parenting Am!

Noni and Papa Lusk said...

Oh this is sooo awesome! I see so much here....working in the heat, delivering to the poor, brother helping sister...WOW! What a fantastic job you are doing Am!!! They have a fabulous foundation on which to stand and grow. I'm so very proud of the work you are doing. It looks like Ali is pointing and saying, "Look, here's a door." : }
Love much,
Mom L