Sunday, January 24

Storytaler

Alex started telling stories....good ones that is. The kind of stories that you would buy from the store for your children (well I would since he's my son). He spontaneously started telling them (which made me run inside to grab some paper as he narrated) one afternoon while playing outside with a Chinese to-go menu which he called it his map. They were seeking out the dragon and the map would help them (dragon on the menu). Here is his story....
Dragon rips the shirt
The dragon went to a farm and he bit the farmer. The farmer ran fast, faster and faster until the dragon ripped it and then the dragon had to fix it. The dragon went to the people then bit them. The people ran, ran and ran and then hid. The dragon said "grrrr, where did they all go?" They all ran, ran, ran faster, faster and faster. Dragon said, "we have to fix his shirt because we ripped it." The dragon fixed the shirt with tape and became nice. Gave them all hugs and a kiss. They were all happy. Amen.
Rocket Ship
Dragon (Alex is still holding his map...the Chinese menu) was a rocket ship. Super blazing rocket ship going super fast in a big jet. The dragon is going around, around and around. His tummy got upset, he threw up and got sick. Then Alex's dragon was growing and growing big, taller than the sky....."grrrrr, I'm taller than you" he said.
I asked him, "Where's God in your story?"
He replies, "He's gone."
I respond by asking, "Why's He gone, where did He go?"
Alex ended with "He had to go to work, He's gone."
Alex is currently trying to grasp the concept of how big God really is so he's comparing a lot of objects and people to God. Right now God is a person that we just talk about but never really see sort of like Noni & Papa who live in another state that we don't get to see. So my response usually is, "Sweetie nothing is bigger than God. He is the biggest, bigger than the sky, bigger than daddy." That he understands.

2 comments:

Noni and Papa Lusk said...

hahahahahahahahahaha [papa and I are literally laughing out loud sitting in the lobby at the Marriott in Vail so we could look at the blogs].....LOVE the stories. I'm glad you wrote them down. You can see how his imagination is growing and how he is able to put his thoughts into words. I'm glad to see he created a kind dragon who reaps the consequences of his actions : }
Noni

Robert T said...

rocketship, dragons....what an imagination!