Lusk Campers!!
(minus Noah, Will & Truman-he was napping, they came a little later)
If we did something special outside the cabin the children were to were their camp shirts. Every child had a ranking on the front of their shirts based on their birth order. (Good idea mom)
The parents were asking were theirs were...they were cute!
Weminuche Wilderness
Dad/Papa told a great story that happened in this valley that he was part of.
Check out their blog for the story.
Then we drove to see a North Clear Creek waterfall. Beautiful!
Noah, Alex & Tony.
Tara and Emma-camper #3.
Adam with Truman and William.
This reminded me of a version of Little House on the Prairie or The Sound of Music.
Here we go ~ sound off!
Noah (#1), Alex (#2), Emma (#3), Tony (#4), missing William (#5), Aliana (#6), missing Truman (#7) & baby in Lynn's tummy (#8).
The boys were on their way to attack Mark. Alex is a great ring leader.
I'm glad he didn't fall with 6 kids hanging on him ;-)
On our way back to the vans. I like the way this always looks.
My kids link up all the time so they just joined right in with Lynn's boys.
On to Freeman's General Store.
This is a place that the original Lusk kids had visited when they were growing up. They are known for their hamburgers and ice cream, so that's what they got...ice cream. Notice how big they are; it was a single scoop. I ended up not getting one cause I knew that everyone else would need help ;-)
Happy Campers!
The next trip was to see the burial mound. 100 or so yrs ago there was a wagon trail that came threw the valley and travelers that died along the way would get buried in this exact spot. The people that buried the dead would place stones on top of the bodies so that the animals couldn't dig them up. This became such a special place that Grandma would place stones every time she walked up there. Noni & Papa are keeping this going so this is what we did while hearing about the story behind the mound.
This was a mother and baby burial. She didn't survive giving birth while on the trail.
Down we go and to the next special cemetery.
The reason we visited them was to discus death (a little bit), what happens to our bodies when we die, where our soul goes, but...only when we believe and give our hearts over to Jesus/ God.
Back to the cabin on the ATV's. I got to drive one for the 1st time and I loved it. It's a little easier than snowmobiles.
Ok, that's it for fieldtrips. This was a big post ;-)
2 comments:
Those pictures were so great! I so wish I would have went :(
Great family pictures. May I get a copy of the one of You, Mark, and the kids. Also, I really like the shirts your mom had made. Awesome idea, and so cute.
Post a Comment