Tuesday, March 15

Family Learning

Noni came to visit and her new toy was an ipad and we all loved it. This night we used it to explore deep space and find the names of what we were currently looking at in the sky with "live space". We saw all the planets, shooting stars traveling through space, different colored galaxies, satellites, constellations and things that I can't pronounce as well as all the information you can think of about each item. You could even point it to the ground and see what the other side of the world would be seeing in their part of the sky.
I had so much fun with it. (Watch out sweetie!)

Alex had about as much excitement about this new toy as I did.
He's finding something to explore right now.

Now we bring it inside to do storytime. An interactive portion of the ipad where you download different books. We had it read to us, we touched the screen to learn what the objects in the story are and swoosh the screen to turn the pages. Each child took turns swooshing the screen.
 

1 comment:

Noni and Papa Lusk said...

I feel as though we are living in the future with all the technology available to us now. I often think, "what would old Noni Short think about all this?". Love to share, Noni