We learned all about nutrition in every department and how to incorporate it in our healthy diets.
Produce Department: Here we were playing a "senses game." 5 different fruits or veggies were in brown bags and the kids were to feel them without looking and be detectives to figure out what was in the bags.
Produce Department: Here we were playing a "senses game." 5 different fruits or veggies were in brown bags and the kids were to feel them without looking and be detectives to figure out what was in the bags.
Checking out the Tortilla Factory. Wonderfully homemade tortillas made right in front of our eyes.
Then it was off to the Seafood Department and learn out the sea creatures.
Lobsters, Sardines, Salmon, Clams, Oysters & Crabs
Next was the Meat Department where we talked about farms and their animals. Then we went to talk about whole grains for breakfast-cereal with peanut butter toast and a banana.

Their milk has 50% more protein and 25% less sugar but an increase in price and a decrease in amount-hmmm. Might have to stick with what we already purchase with more mouths to feed.

Their milk has 50% more protein and 25% less sugar but an increase in price and a decrease in amount-hmmm. Might have to stick with what we already purchase with more mouths to feed.










1 comment:
This is a field trip I would have loved to attend! Amy, I laughed at the facies you and the other moms had when the lady was talking about their milk being healthier, but more expensive and less in amount. I wonder if she picked up on all your facial expressions : } I also love when the boys look like they are holding Ali so she doesn't run off. Great pics and I love the look of HEB. I think I'd shop there if Omaha had one. Mom L
Post a Comment