Every night after dinner we have the children go to the backyard to burn off their engery before its bedtime. But now that school has started and there is a new high school 2 minutes from our house, we have been listening to a marching band as we play. So tonight as I was swinging with Aliana I had a crazy idea, that the kids were excited to follow me even if bathtime was in 30 mintues, to go find this marching band. Alex states, "What are you wanting for? Lets go momma!" So we went running inside to find our socks and shoes and jump in the van to find where the music was coming from.

We found it and it was cool. They had so many questions that I had no answer for. Like the lingo that the band director was using, why was he up so high, why is he using that thing for his voice, why do they start and stop so much. Then Alex tells me that when he turns 5 he wants to play the drums; no no no never mind, they're way too heavy (he saw a boy struggle to hold his drum as he played). I want to play the guitar. Tony is now playing the drums. I need to get some really good ear plugs ;-)
We found it and it was cool. They had so many questions that I had no answer for. Like the lingo that the band director was using, why was he up so high, why is he using that thing for his voice, why do they start and stop so much. Then Alex tells me that when he turns 5 he wants to play the drums; no no no never mind, they're way too heavy (he saw a boy struggle to hold his drum as he played). I want to play the guitar. Tony is now playing the drums. I need to get some really good ear plugs ;-)
(Sorry about the wind, but aliana's cute plugging her ears)
2 comments:
Amanda, please tell the boys that Grandpa Steve played trumpet in his high school marching band and than in his junior year joined a community youth band. He was very good playing the trumpet and was elected captain of the band. One year Papa and I went and chaperoned band camp. We had the best time and met the best friends anyone could have. I'm still in contact with some of the woman. I had 22 girls on my flag team. You are getting into the best years ....
Brings back so many memories. By the way, Scott played clarinet and Stacy flute in their high school band. Scott took a # 1 in the state.
We are just fine and waiting for cooler weather.
Til later. we love you,
Papa and Meme
Yes, we were in the marching band. We might have been "band geeks," but that is how we met each other. Great times.
Love you guys,
SSJ Deno
Post a Comment