Wednesday, July 4

Log Cabin Village Day

Watch out, there are A LOT of pictures!
Alex spent the morning at Log Cabin Village involved in their camp.  Because he was registered, Tony, Aliana and I got free admission....I was so excited!
The kids were receiving the instructions for the camp.
We had to run out to the car and when we came back saw checkers. 
The kids loved this game and caught on so fast.
We didn't stick with Alex, wanting him to do something by himself, but I did get some sneaky pictures ;-)
He was learning how to thread a loom.
One of the cabins from the 1800's.

On our way to learn about corn.
When we entered this log cabin, this man started started right up on his corn lecture.  I was so impressed with how Tony gave him his undivided attention, excellent eye contact, asked and answered questions & took turns when speaking with him.  We walked out with 2 packs of 4 different kinds of corn and a big pack of wheat to plant next March.
My big boy....I was so proud how you conducted yourself.

These 2 pictures were 1 big room for the blacksmith to work in.
Because they didn't have thermometers back then, they could tell how hot something was by the color of the fire.

Taking a walk through the village to get to another cabin and activites.
Smoke House
Wood Carver
School House
Hearing a story
Grinding corn and wheat.
Pumping water for use in the house and to wash clothes.
Gathering eggs from the hen house.
Planting potatoes, onions, carrots and parsnips.
Alex is in the back pumping water for washing the clothes in the bottom picture.
It was Alex's turn to learn about the wood carving and to it on the Carving Horse.

No comments: