We all came into St. Louis on Tuesday night pretty late and a couple of us stayed at Noni & Papa's condo where we really had a good time catching up. We awoke early to get ready for a difficult day. We joined my parents and met our Uncle Phil from Cape Cod for breakfast. It was so great to see him. It felt like I had always known him.
The four of us grew up very close for along time since we were really close in age.
Chris, Me, Rob & Phil
On our way to Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery. Any solider or spouse of one would be buried together and have a honorable ceremony.
That's Tara on the left. She drove down the same day for the funeral. It was such an awesome thing to do. Rob and I really enjoyed our time together with her. I miss you T.
The soldiers that shot the guns off after the ceremony.
I got a video of it. I'll have to see if it's downloadable because it's pretty long.
Afterwards, we gathered for family time and to remember Papa at the Villa's where Noni is now staying while she recovers from her abdominal surgery.
Uncle Todd with Phil and I.
The last picture of the Short family just about 2 weeks prior to his accident.
It's a beautiful one!
1 comment:
Simply wonderful pictures to remember such a hard time together! Out of something so heavy, we found lightness in being surrounded by family ....smiles did abound with the joy of knowing where Papa is [isn't that what all of our ultimate goal is!]
Love you Am,
Mom L
Post a Comment