Tuesday, October 26

Elgin Pumpkin Farm

This is our 2nd field trip with our homeschool friends.  I put together a group with Stephanie where we go once or twice a month to various community events or to give the children community awareness.  I'm even considering have a monthly playdate for the moms to visit with each other while the children play together.  We have 18 moms and 31 kids---seriously what a blessing this is.  We had this many moms interested even before our first field trip. (on a side note- it really makes sense why other things I attempted in the past didn't work out.  God had something else in mind for me.)
Last week they went to the recycling center.  This time it was to the pumpkin farm where they fed farm animals, went on a hay ride, traveled through 3 different kinds a mazes, decorated a mini pumpkin (art project) and had a picnic.  It was so much fun.  We spent 4 hours here.
 
 
 
 

I think Aliana was checking out what was in the barn laying down.

Getting ready to start the tractor and go to the corn maze.

Aliana and Ella - they are 3 weeks apart.

Corn maze...not my favorite ;-)
 

A good bunch of kids =0)

Hay bail maze.
 I think I was truly made for them to just run around inside.

Cute trike.  I kept calling it a country bike.

Decorating their pumpkins-markers, glue and yarn.
 

This was my favorite, the fence maze.  You could find your lost child and help them over instead of trying to instruct via your voice.

There's the one that thought it was funny to get himself stuck in dead ends ;-) Cute little booger.

Alex and Caleb-1 1/2 apart.
Happy Fall Festival!!

1 comment:

Noni and Papa Lusk said...

I LOVED all the pics and truly wished I had been there with you. I absolutely love watching the kids experience things for the first time. I find it almost as exciting as they do. I'm glad this farm was only 1/2 an hour away instead of 1 hour. Noni <3